Eligibility for new graduate registration
You are eligible for registration on the general register in South Australia as a new graduate if:
- Your principal place of residence is in South Australia, or you propose to have your principal place of residence in South Australia
- You have been awarded a qualification recognised by the VSBSA for registration on the general register
- You are medically fit to provide veterinary treatment as a veterinary surgeon
- You are a fit and proper person to be registered on the general register
Awards of qualification
The VSBSA can grant registration to applicants who have been awarded a recognised qualification in veterinary science for the purpose of registration on the general register. Completing your academic studies is not the same as being awarded a degree in veterinary science by the relevant university. The presence of a conferral statement on your academic transcript confirms that you have qualified for your award.
How to apply for registration
- A completed application form (Form 2)
- Original copies of two references attesting to your character and suitability for registration (Form 2A)
- Original or certified copy of a National Police Certificate and/or International Police Check results (see Form 2 for specific requirements)
- A certified colour copy of current photographic identification such as a passport or the front and back of a driver’s licence
- A certified copy of documentary evidence of any legal change of name (if your name differs from that shown on your degree certificate or official academic transcript)
- Proof that you have been awarded your degree. The VSBSA requires the following as proof:
- A certified copy of your degree certificate; or
- An original official academic transcript which states that your veterinary science degree has been conferred/awarded
- If you have submitted an official academic transcript for the purpose of applying for registration, please provide a certified copy of your degree certificate to the VSBSA within 1 month of receipt.
Please allow up to 14 business days for your application to be processed. To avoid delays in processing your application, please ensure that all required information and documentation is provided with your application.