Freedom of Information
Under the Freedom of Information Act 1991 (FOI Act) the VSBSA, as a government agency, is obliged to provide access to personal files and to provide copies of information contained in these files to the person concerned. In this context the relevant files are those containing information on initial application for registration as a veterinary surgeon, veterinary specialist or veterinary services provider.
There is an obligation to provide information in personal files and to provide copies of information contained in these files to the individual concerned on receipt of application for access. The Board is not obliged to provide access or copies of information relating to the investigation of complaints on normal request. However, it may be prepared to provide some access under certain circumstances, and will treat each request on its merits.
Requests for access to documents should be directed to the Registrar in writing and accompanied by the applicable application fee. Please note that processing charges may apply.
Information Statement – Freedom of Information Act 1991 (FOI Act)
The Veterinary Surgeons Board of South Australia (the VSBSA) consists of 8 members appointed by the Governor, of whom 6 are nominated by the Minister, one is nominated by the South Australian division of the Australian Veterinary Association Ltd, and one is nominated by Council of The University of Adelaide. Of the 6 Ministerial nominations, one is a legal practitioner, 4 are veterinary surgeons and 2 are lay persons.
- To administer the Veterinary Practice Act 2003, and the Veterinary Practice Regulations 2017
- To maintain the registers under the Veterinary Practice Act 2003 including the general and specialist registers
- To regulate the provision of veterinary treatment for fee or reward in South Australia
Freedom of Information Officer
- The Presiding Member is the Principal Officer of the VSBSA under the FOI Act. The Presiding Member has designated, pursuant to section 4 of the FOI Act, the Registrar as an Accredited FOI Officer for the VSBSA
- Annual Report incorporating a statement of audited accounts
Registers and information maintained under the Veterinary Practice Act 2003
Requests for access to documents under the FOI Act should be directed to the Registrar in writing and accompanied by the applicable application fee. Please note that processing charges may apply.
Phone: (08) 8359 3334
Mail: GPO Box 11020, Adelaide, SA 5001